Job Opportunity – Project Manager
Job Opportunity at Open School East
Project Manager for the young people’s programme ‘New Producers’
Employment period: 15 June to 8 July 2016
Number of days: 14 days
Fixed fee: £1,400
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to work as a project manager for New Producers, a programme for twelve students of BSix Sixth Form College in Hackney, taking place at Open School East in June, in collaboration with A New Direction.
New Producers is a two-week long Bronze Arts Award programme set up for 16 to 18 year old students to learn a range of practical and professional skills around the production of cultural activities and events: from the original idea, to making, through to producing, marketing and distributing. The group will work alongside fourteen emerging artists at Open School East, and receive training from professionals in the fields of radio-making, printing and publishing, architecture, sculpture, performance and event management.
Purpose of the job
The project manager will oversee the smooth running of the two-week long programme, lead and motivate the group of students, and liaise with the professional tutors and the Open School East team. The project manager will take on a leading role, working alongside artists and the Open School East team, to which it will report.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Liaising with the professional tutors, anticipating their needs and purchasing art materials and office supplies if and when needed;
• Setting up the room every day and being responsible for general housekeeping;
• Planning and organising offsite excursions and visits;
• Facilitating the planning and execution of the final event;
• Documenting the process through photography and daily feedback;
• Creatively recording the event planning and evaluation sessions;
• Collecting and processing data;
• Leading on the evaluation of the programme and writing up a final report.
The project manager position is for an individual aged 20 to 25 who:
• Is passionate about the arts, culture and learning;
• Has experience in project management;
• Has previous experience working with young people;
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Is highly organised and reliable with time keeping and meeting deadlines;
• Is a confident writer;
• Is highly enthusiastic and has the ability to motivate and energise a group.
About Open School East
Located in a former library and community centre in De Beauvoir Town, East London, Open School East is a unique space that brings together a free study programme for emerging artists and a multifaceted programme of events and activities open to all. Central to Open School East’s approach is a commitment to foster cultural, intellectual and social exchanges between artists and the broader public. We do this by opening our study programme outwards, responding to our locality and providing an informal environment for the sharing of knowledge and skills across various communities – artistic, local and otherwise.
Please apply with a one-page cover letter and a CV by email to Mike Brooks: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Thursday 26th May, 5pm
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 1st June at Open School East.
For any enquiry about the position, please contact Mike Brooks at the email address provided above.